What kills black beard algae?
To get rid of the black beard algae in your aquarium for good you should:
- Dip all of the affected decor in Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Reduce phosphate (PO4) in the water.
- Feed your plants by boosting Carbon Dioxide.
- Introduce black algae eating fish to your fish tank.
- Boil it away with a heat treatment.
Will black beard algae go away on its own?
Important: When removing black beard algae
, never scrub or pick at it. Small pieces can
float and settle on other plants or decorations in your
aquarium, causing it to spread faster than before. Your black algae
problem typically won't go away on its own